Thursday 16 September 2010

Hobnob Recipe

These are my husband's favourites. He bugs me all the time to bake them for him, so as he's being good at the moment making a radiator cover for the hallway and a wardrobe for the spare room, I thought I'd treat him to a batch :o) lol!  I was going to make an apple cake as well, but decided that could wait until Saturday. So I whipped up a batch of hobnobs and a warming beef stew and dumplings for tea, comfort food indeed.

Hobnob Recipe - Makes 45 (although the size I make them it's more like 35)

8oz/225g self raising flour
8oz/225g sugar (I use vanilla sugar, but any will do)
8oz/225g porridge oats
8oz/225g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup or honey
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda

Mix the dry ingredients together, melt butter, syrup and water very gently, let it cool slightly then pour on dry ingredients. Mix well and form into balls the size of walnuts. Put on a greased tray and flatten with a fork dipped in cold water. Bake at 180 or gas 4 for 15 mins. Leave on a tray a minute then put to cool on a rack.
You could also melt some chocolate and make choccy hobnobs yummy.

TTFN

7 comments:

carole johnston said...

I will give these a try next week they sound just like my hubby would like them and maybe drizzle chocky on half of them ,but i will make him do jobs first lol no just joking.Carole xx

resewn sally said...

That sounds exactly like the recipe i use. I got it from MSE. My partner also has a big weakness for them. lol. They are yummy, i like them with nuts and dried fruit added too. apricaot and pecan has been my favourite so far. I may have to go and make some now. You've inspired me!
Sal. X

Thedarkerside73 said...

Oh they sound yummy! I must give them a go!

Unknown said...

They sound fab, I bet my OH would love these. Will definitely have to give these a try :) x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment - I am so glad that I've brightened up your day.xx

MamaBug said...

I've got to be honest I want to make them because I LOVE the name! LOL Hubby likes anything sweet so he will love these!

Julie Lanteri said...

Hi I discovered your blog last week and felt the urge to try this recipe! they are all gone and I got lot of compliments from people at work! Thanks